We are seeking an entry-level, full-time copywriter to join our marketing team. You will research and write well-thought, educational and at times entertaining copy for blog posts, case studies, press releases and other marketing initiatives related to the company’s suite of products which include website design, meeting management, and legal publishing services.
What you will do:
- Generating and/or editing copy for marketing and educational content including blog articles, white papers, website copy, case studies, newsletters, flyers, and more.
- Working directly with Marketing Team to develop and implement innovative marketing campaigns.
- Quickly and effectively prioritizing work with the goal of meeting defined deadlines
What is helpful:
- The ideal applicant will have recently graduated from college or have less than 2 years’ experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Literature, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or Business.
- Familiarity with digital publishing platforms and social media platforms.
- Tallahassee-based applicant.
What excites us:
- A love of writing (95% of the job will be writing so this is a must).
- Versatility, can you successfully adapt your writing style to match the medium it is distributed in?
- Innovative thinking, someone who can solve problems creatively.
- able to inject personality into "dry" subject matter
- Uncanny attention to detail.
- Interested in developing a diverse portfolio of marketing pieces across multiple publishing platforms in both print and digital
- Ability to multi-task, there will be times when you will be managing multiple projects at once.
- An ability to comfortably produce a diverse sum of content at a consistent pace.
- A willing to learn and adapt to the job.
Why you will love it here:
- The opportunity to work for a well-established, industry leader
- Our innovative, startup culture
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Helping make local government work better through the selling of our product
We are a team of fun, passionate, smart, customer-oriented people who come together to make local government work better. Come join us.
Municode's mission is to connect cities to their citizens. To do so, we work with over 4,000 municipal clients across the country to create products and solutions that promote transparency, efficiency and that enable you to more effectively serve your staff and your citizens. Whether it's through custom website design, our meeting management software, the legal codification process, or our robust suite of online legislative search tools, our goal is to help local government agencies more effectively engage with the citizens in their communities.
For over 65 years, we have earned trust, loyalty, and respect by focusing on what is most important: our customers and their citizens. Our solutions are designed to make municipalities’ jobs easier and the relationship that they have with their citizens second to none!