Municode is a growing legal publishing and technology company looking to hire a full-time Payroll Coordinator. This role will be responsible for overseeing the payroll administration and be the key contact for the payroll vendor to ensure payroll, taxes, garnishments and other payroll related items are processed correctly.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilize Paychex software to manage and process all payroll related activities for bi-weekly payrolls for 250 employees and manual pays, as needed.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation/sick time, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Ensure hours, commissions and bonuses are approved/reported and entered into the payroll system.
- Process 401 (k) contributions each payroll.
- Poll electronic time clocks and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Serve as the organizational point of contact for payroll related questions.
- Enter and update employee data in the payroll system including, garnishments and withholding amounts.
- Coordinate with Paychex to set up new states and locations for payroll.
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software as requested.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Assist Senior Controller with various projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Two years of payroll experience.
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll tax reporting and filings.
Education and Experience:
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Decision-making, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
About Municipal Code Corporation
Municode's mission is to connect cities to their citizens. To do so, we work with our 4,200 municipal clients across the country to create products and solutions that promote transparency, efficiency and that enable them to more effectively serve their staff and their citizens.
Whether it's through custom website design, our online payment portal, the legal codification process, or our robust suite of online legislative search tools, our goal is to help local government agencies more effectively engage with the citizens in their communities.
For over 65 years, we have earned our clients’ trust, loyalty and respect by focusing on what is most important: our customers and their citizens. Our solutions are designed to make municipalities’ jobs easier and the relationship that they have with their citizens second to none!