Municode is a growing legal publishing and technology company looking for a full-time editor to add to our supplement team in the Tallahassee office. This entry-level position will work closely with other editors and proofreaders to keep our clients' law up to date with speed and accuracy, both in print and online.
What you will do:
- Organize, plan, and prioritize work.
- Edit legal documents for accuracy and style consistency.
- Interpret legal material for appropriate placement in a unified document.
- Present legal information in an organized outline format.
- Maintain contact with clients through professional communication.
What you will bring to the table:
- Positive attitude. You will have a positive attitude and work successfully in a team atmosphere.
- Self-starter. You will be inherently organized and motivated. We will make sure you are set up for success, and you will be expected to proactively manage your own work.
- Experience. Bachelor's degree or a minimum of two years of college with an additional two years' work experience.
- Proficient keyboarding and communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to learn new technical subject matter quickly.
- The ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Word is required.
- Nice to have. Experience with XML and Adobe InDesign is a plus.
Why you will love it here:
- We believe in working hard and having fun in the process.
- Family-friendly environment filled with employees who care about each other and work together toward a common goal.
- Excellent benefits including profit sharing and a 401K match.
- Flexible work hours.
- On-site gym along with boot camp and yoga classes.
- On-site walking trail.
Municode's mission is to connect cities to their citizens. To do so, we work with our 4,200 municipal clients across the country to create products and solutions that promote transparency, efficiency and that enable them to more effectively serve their staff and their citizens.
Whether it's through custom website design, our online payment portal, the legal codification process, or our robust suite of online legislative search tools, our goal is to help local government agencies more effectively engage with the citizens in their communities.
For over 65 years, we have earned our clients’ trust, loyalty and respect by focusing on what is most important: our customers and their citizens. Our solutions are designed to make municipalities’ jobs easier and the relationship that they have with their citizens second to none.